My Photo
Name:
Location: Japan

Friday, August 11, 2006

Thursday, Aug, 10

Today, we had a panel discussion about education in America.
The panelists talked about living at the University, choosing a major, choosing a college in America and so on. Then, I knew that my listening ability is really low, because I couldn’t listen to him or her speeches. I disappointed the fact. I have to study more and more.

At the afternoon, I took a rest and slept in my room.
After that, we had a dinner at the café and bought some souvenirs.

Because of the globalization, many things seem similar in Japan.
I think the most notable difference is the diversity of people. We can see people in all over the world in America.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I am sorry it was difficult for you to understand the panelists. Listening comprehension tends to be difficult for Japanese students; I think you don't practice it much in Japan. There are a lot of websites with audio and video now, so it is easier than ever to find examples of English to listen to. I hope you take advantage of this!

You are right: globalization means that we can find the same or similar products everywhere. The people, the culture, the ambiance--these are the things that we experience when we travel abroad.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Don't worry, I agree that it was difficult to understand a few of the panelists! I think you've been working very hard over this trip though, and in turn you've improved a lot, so please don't be disappointed in yourself! I think it'd be good for you to try out Nina's advice though~

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home